Allow user to authenticate with password or social logins

Hi,

New to Auth0. We have the following desired scenario:

1. Create a new user in Auth0
  2. Send a user email with link and temporary password
  3. Allow user to authenticate with email/temporary password OR Google workspace

In the above scenario when a user uses the temporary password everything works fine. However, when they use the Google Workspace – a new user is created.

We’d like to have the Google Workspace user assume the identity of the created user from step 1.

Have tried everything in a Post Login Action but have been unsuccessful. I can use the hook to search for the email address matching the successful login from Google Workspace but I can’t figure out how to set the found user as the current logged in user.

Any thoughts?

Hi @notronwest

Welcome to the Auth0 Community.

I would suggest looking into the Account Linking Extension it’s pretty easy to install and setup and you can be up and running in no time. If a user logs into your app via an email address that already exists under another connection then they will be offered to link the accounts which I believe is what you are linking for. There is further information on our Account Linking options here https://auth0.com/docs/manage-users/user-accounts/user-account-linking

Warm regards.

1 Like

Thanks for helping on this one @SaqibHussain !

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.