About when the number of users exceeds the limit

Hello.
If the limit is exceeded, how are the users treated?
Will they not be able to log in?

Hi @yfujita,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you have a question about the consequence of exceeding the number of users on your tenant.

Firstly, the number of external active users allowed for your account depends on your subscription level. For example, the Free Subscription Plan offers 7000 external active users, and the Essential Subscription Plan offers 10,000 external active users.

If you exceed this limit, you may encounter challenges with creating new users. Your existing users will still be able to log in.

You can learn more about the different subscription plans on our pricing page here.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.

1 Like

I’d like to clarify. If my account exceeds the external active user limit, will any current users be logged out automatically?

Hi @joachim.rives,

Thank you for your question.

If your account exceeds the external active user limit, your users will not be logged out automatically.

I hope this helps!

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks. What are the effects of reaching the external active user limit? For example, will there be specific errors thrown by the Auth0 API when a user signs up? I am also curious about how to handle more than twenty thousand monthly active users.

1 Like

Hi @joachim.rives

Thank you for your response.

AFAIK, there should be no effect when you exceed the external monthly active user for your subscription level. Moreover, this would give you an opportunity to upgrade your subscription level without disrupting user authentication.

If you have any further questions regarding subscription levels and your external monthly active users, I strongly recommend reaching out to our Sales team for more information.

Thank you!

1 Like