Able to exceed 1000 limit in Dev, not Production?

Hi, I am working to import our users into our data warehouse via a daily SSIS package. I was able to create the flow just fine in our Dev tenant using the Management User Search API with over 1800 users in that tenant. I realize now there is a call limit on Users of 1000 which of course I figured out once I tried to promote my Dev work to our production tenant. My question is, why am I allowed to get over 1000 in one environment and not the other? I completely wasted tons of time because I thought I had it working until I hit the 1000 limit error in production? Now I have to rebuild my whole workflow using some other ETL strategy.

Thanks for listening! :slight_smile:

:wave: @jcrosby Can you let me know what you were using to export your users? If you initiate a job to export users, there shouldn’t be a limit on the number of users that can be exported. What were you to use in your workflow?

I finally figured out how to call the job export which I’m using now. Thanks

1 Like

To assist others who run into the same challenge you did, can you share with the community how you resolved this?

Basically the problem was in my dev tenant it was letting me pull over 1000 users, but in production it was limited to 1000. So I had to go searching throughout to find my options. This page describes the limitation:

So, I then had to figure out how to do the POST call for the user export Job which exports all users. The POST call (Auth0 Management API v2) kicks back a Job ID and then you have to do a GET call (https://auth0.com/docs/api/management/v2#!/Jobs/get_results) to the Results endpoint to retrieve the URL to download the file. It’s a bit of a pain to be honest but I understand the need for API limits

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.