User Not Showing In Dashboard

I created a couple of users a few days ago and at one point they were showing up in the Auth0 dashboard but now they are no longer there.

Is the lucene index running behind?

When you say “Showing up in the Auth0 dashboard” you mean in the Dashboard main view or in the connection? Did you create these users in a database connections? do you find them there?

Sorry, I can be more clear.

I do not see them in my connection in any way (Database/Username-Password). They are missing when I click “Users” on the sidebar and search for them.

When I attempt to create a new user using that email address (via Auth0 dashboard or API) it says that the email address already exists but when I search for that email address (via Auth0 Users tab or API fuzzy/exact lucene search) I get back empty results.

Just check, have you tried to use this endpoint?:
Auth0 Management API v2
Gives you a full list of your users.

@paulimar.angulo

Yes I’ve already used that endpoint and tried to drill into it also.
I’ve used that endpoint extensively by itself with the per_page parameter as well as the q parameter set to email.raw"email@example.com" and no it is not returned from that endpoint for either.

We seem to have been facing errors with User search, which have now been resolved. Please confirm whether you are still facing this issue. More details about the issue are available here:
https://status.auth0.com/incidents/dv34qfdcl1n5

Prashant, I am still receiving the same result. I am unable to find my user record in my Auth0 account via search or the API and yet when I try to create the user with the expected email address I receive the “user already exists” error.

Prashant, I am still receiving the same result. I am unable to find my user record in my Auth0 account via search or the API and yet when I try to create the user with the expected email address I receive the “user already exists” error.

I have created a private support ticket - please provide additional info there for me to investigate.

Even we have the same problem. Users don’t show up in search but have been created.

@prashant - has this starting happening again? Our new users are not searchable despite them being in the dashboard.

I’m having the same issue with Username-Password-Authentication. New users are not showing in the dashboard or when I use the GET users endpoint. But the users are able to log in to my app and do have the expected user metadata for their profile.

Same here. New users and recent logins over the past ~17 hours are not showing. Logs show signups and authentication, but the front end UI in the account manager is displaying old/cached data. @prashant any chance you can look into this again?

Status@2017-09-01

Have in mind there’s a current issue with user search; additional details are available in status page incident report, but for some tenants new data will not be indexed which would explain the situation you’re experiencing. Have in mind this only affects user search so if your authentication flows do not depend on user search in custom rules or custom database scripts then user authentication will not be affected.

What do do if you still experience user search related issues?

If you are still experiencing a user search related issue, like it would be the case if a new user is not shown on the dashboard or in the user search endpoint and it was created quite some time ago (several minutes just to rule out a temporary issue) then you should reach to support using the email address listed in the linked incident above. In the majority of cases addressing the situation requires tenant specific information that may not be appropriate to share over a public forum so at this time the approach described in the incident should be preferred.

I’m having the same issue with Username-Password-Authentication. New users are not showing in the dashboard or when I use the GET users endpoint. But the users are able to log in to my app and do have the expected user metadata for their profile.

Same here. New users and recent logins over the past ~17 hours are not showing. Logs show signups and authentication, but the front end UI in the account manager is displaying old/cached data. @prashant any chance you can look into this again?

@prashant - has this starting happening again? Our new users are not searchable despite them being in the dashboard.

Yes, I saw the issue just after posting. Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

@theblueberryteam and @whelman1 I provided an update as an answer for increased visibility; there’s an ongoing issue with user search, check the answer for a link to further details.

Thanks for the info.