Webtask exceeded allowed execution time

I am trying to use custom signup. I have configured a postgres database in aws and has done the custom database configs in Auth0 also. But I am not able to complete the signup process.
I am getting the following error:

{
“message”: “Request to Webtask exceeded allowed execution time”,
“timeout”: 20,
“name”: “SandboxTimeoutError”,
“fromSandbox”: true,
“statusCode”: 400
}

1 Like

Hi @aloysius,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you have encountered an error when signing up and logging in to your application.

Generally, the “Request to Webtask exceeded allowed execution time” error happens when one of the Extensibility features could not finish execution in time.

With that said, I recommend checking Rules/Actions/Hooks to see if there is a script that is preventing the signup flow from completing.

It may be worth checking your Logs on your Dashboard > Monitor > Logs and seeing if there is a more descriptive error.

Additionally, you could use the Real-time Webtask Logs Extension to display all the logs related to your authentication pipeline and find the script that is failing to complete execution.

Hoped this helps!

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @rueben.tiow ,

Thank you for the reply.

I have solved the issue. It’s just that I did not whitelist the IP’s in AWS VPC for postgres. So the custom db script was trying to connect and failed. I have corrected those and now it’s working fine.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @aloysius,

Thank you for your response.

I am glad that you got it working now!

Please reach out again if you have any questions.

Thank you.