Verification Email

Hotmail email results in an error page but the email is verified. Angular/node environments

Hi @rrovinelli,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you have encountered errors when trying to verify email addresses.

First, could you please clarify if you have configured an external SMTP Email Provider?

If not, I recommend configuring an external SMTP email provider and seeing if this addresses the issue.

Moreover, I recommend checking your Logs by navigating to your Auth0 Dashboard > Monitoring > Logs to see if there is a more descriptive error.

Please let me know how this works for you.

Thank you.

Rueben: I have a custom SMTP setup and it works fine for non Hotmail accounts. I to it on the Auth0 dashboard and successfully sent two test emails. I will check the logs but I have done so before. It would appear that this issue has come up in the past. However, when I follow the threads they seem to point to some internal work. What is my next step as I am at a standstill.
Dick Rovinelli

1 Like

Reuben: Did you see my update. I would appreciate some info on the issue.
Dick Rovnelli

1 Like

Reuben: Is there an Auth0 solution for hotmail/outlook returning error page on email verification when dashboard shows email has been verified?
Rovinelli

1 Like

Hi @rrovinelli,

Thank you for your responses.

Could you please provide more details on the logs you see when sending verification emails to users with Hotmail accounts?

And could you please clarify if they are using the Microsoft Social Connection to log in?

Yes, Auth0 will return an error page by default if the email address has already been verified.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Reubem:
Is there an Auth0 solution which would enable the user to know where or not the email message is t rue or false other than a curl query?

Hi @rrovinelli,

Thank you for your reply.

From my understanding of your question, there currently is no solution that would enable the user to know if the email message will return a true or false response. Generally, the user must complete the email verification flow to see the response.

Does that help?

Thank you.

Reuben: In my situation, the user has already gotten the Auth pages. Submitted the correct credentials. Wen to his/her hotmail account; find the verification email; clicked to confirm the email. At this time 2 things happen:

1. Auth sets the verified email flag to true.
  2. Auth returns email is not verified and presents the error page.
    This is very problematic as the user then does not know what to do.
    Dick Rovinelli

Hi @rrovinelli,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, could you please provide me with screenshots of the observations mentioned?

And could you clarify if the user’s profile has the email_verified set to true when checking on your Auth0 Dashboard > User Management > Users?

Lastly, could you please DM me your tenant name?

Thank you.

1 Like

I have forwarded the requested info. Have you received the info?

Dick Rovinelli

Rueben:
Is there no more info coming from you on this issue. If so, please let me know so I can stop checking the community posts.

Dick Rovinelli

Hi @rrovinelli,

Thank you for your replies and updates.

I have gotten a chance to inspect all of the provided information and found a few things that need to be addressed.

I have sent a response to you through DM and I will follow up on this thread once we have reached a solution.

Thank you.