Verification email different than the one in the templates

Hello!

How can I customise the template that is being used for the verification email?

I am already using my own custom email provider. But when I click “test” on the “verification email” template, I get a different email, compared to what a user gets when registering.

I know there were already other topics on this issue, but they are closed now and this doesn’t seem to be fixed.

Any ideas please?

Thanks!

Hi @alex-colleva,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

You can customize the email template by going to your Dashboard > Branding > Email templates > Verification Email (using link).

As for why the email template looks different when you use the “test” button compared to your users, please see the screenshot below from this doc:

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Rueben

Thanks for the explanation, Rueben. Unfortunately, I find this template testing functionality to be a bit redundant in this case.

Also, I sent the email via the Management API, however I got the same email template that I got when tried the “test” button. Which is different from the one the user gets on registration.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Hi @alex-colleva,

Thanks for the update.

If you had used the Management API’s POST /api/v2/jobs/verification-email endpoint to send the verification email, it should send a non-test version of the verification email.

I have just tested this and was successfully able to get the custom verification email template.

Can you try saving some new changes to the template and see how that goes?

Thanks,
Rueben