I have a specific use-case where I have two separate Auth0 accounts (e.g. Company A and Company B), and I want to add one of them as a Custom Social Login option in the other one. So for example:
- User opens Company A login page (built with Auth0)
- User clicks on “Login with Company B” social login button
- User gets redirected to Company B login page (also built with Auth0)
- After login, user will be logged-in and redirected to Company A website
I tried using one account’s Client ID and Secret in the other one as a custom social provider but it didn’t work. Now my question is, is this even possible?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Welcome to the Auth0 Community!
Yes, this should be possible. What isn’t working? How have you configured it?
You can also DM me your tenant name and I will take a look.
Thanks Dan! Here’s how I configured it:
- The first tenant is the main login page, and the second one is the one I want to use as social login option
- I have two apps in my second tenant (one of them is M2M) and I tried the following with both of them:
- In first tenant I created a Custom Social Connection and added the following information:
- Then I enabled the apps I want to use in first tenant and saved everything
- Now when I click try connection, it says:
The client with id "XXX" (oauth) was not found
- However I double-checked Client ID and it is correct
I will send my tenant names to you.
OK, it seems that the Auth URL was wrong. I used
https://SECOND-TENANT.eu.auth0.com/authorize (the same URL, but without
oauth) and now the login shows-up. Also I had to use the non-M2M app in order for it to work. However after login, I receive the following error:
"error_description": "Invalid user id."
I was able to fix the problem by modifying the
Fetch User Profile Script mentioned here in the docs:
Thanks for providing all of this context! I’m glad you were able to get it working