Updating tenant node version in management API

I’m trying to update the node version of my tenants using the management api v2.

I can see in the settings section in the UI there is drop down to change between node 8 and 12, however our infrastructure is managed in code, and so I wish to be able to make this change through the API so I can roll it out across different environments as required.

I can’t seem to see how to do this in API docs, am I missing something?

Hi @hpsmcgregor,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you’d like to use the Management API to make changes to your Tenant Settings, specifically with changing the Node version from 8 to 12.

To do so, I recommend that you use the PATCH/api/v2/tenants/settings endpoint with the following body:

{
  "sandbox_version": "12"
}

After doing so, your Tenant will be using Node 12 for the extensibility environment.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I’d be happy to help.

Thank you.

1 Like

ah amazing, thanks very much!

One follow up question: I am also looking to move to Actions and so makes sense to run these on Node 16.

Given it is not an option in the UI drop down to update the tenant to Node 16 could you clarify for me if it is supported to set the sandbox_version to 16? Or do I have to set it to 12 and then have each action target 16 with the following body in the Post Action request:

{
"runtime": "node16"
}

Thanks again for the help!

Hi @hpsmcgregor,

Thank you for your response.

It is currently not possible to set the sandbox_version to 16.

Therefore, as you hinted, you should set the sandbox_version to Node 12 and then write your Actions using the Node 16 Runtime.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.