Unable to remove action

Hello, I am trying to remove a custom action I created. I have removed it from the flow. When I try to delete it from the list of custom actions, I receive this error " Error! Unable to delete an action bound to a trigger". I don’t see a way of removing the trigger from the action and so I don’t see a way to delete the action. Is there a way to delete the action without removing the trigger? If not, how can I remove the trigger from the action? Thanks in advance.

Hi @russ.nicoletti,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand you are trying to remove your custom action from your Actions Flow and Library.

First, the error you encountered happens when an Action script you try to delete is attached to your Action trigger.

To resolve this issue, you will need to:

1. Remove the Action from your Flow
  2. Press Apply to save the changes to your Flow
  3. Find your custom Action script in your Actions Library
  4. Click on the three dots icon and select Delete.

After doing so, you should be all set with a deleted Action script.

Please let me know how this works for you.

Thank you.

Just a tiny suggestion - it could be better if there a X button on the action block instead of a button at the right-bottom corner.

4 Likes

Hi @kun.li,

Thank you for your response and suggestion :+1:.

If you have a moment, could you please create a quick Feedback request asking for a dedicated button to remove Action scripts from the Flows?

The feedback request includes a voting system where feedback requests with higher votes have higher implementation priority.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.

1 Like