Remove custom action from a flow

Is there a way to remove an action from a flow?

In the flow editor there doesn’t appear to be an obvious way to remove an action from the flow once it’s been added. Is this intentional? There’s no trash can zone to drag the action to…no context menu or button on the action to remove it.

The only place I can find to delete an action is from the custom actions list but that results in an error that the action is bound to a trigger (deployed). But i can’t unbind it from the trigger because i can’t remove it from the flow.

Also, can’t edit the name of an action after it’s created.

3 Likes

Hi @brado,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you’d like to remove an already deployed Action from your current Flow.

To do so, you will need to do the following:

1. Go to your current Action Flow (e.x Login)
  2. On the Flow interface, click the Action that you want to remove
  3. A menu on the right should open
  4. Click on Remove

After doing so, your selected Action will be removed from your current Flow.

Now, if you would like to Delete the Action completely, then as you hinted, will need to go to the Custom Actions List and delete that way.

And as you observed, the names of an Action cannot be renamed after it has been created. If this is the case, you will need to delete your Action and create a new one with your preferred name.

Hoped this helps!

Please let me know if there are any other questions or concerns. I’d be happy to help.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks @rueben.tiow. Found it.

As i originally mentioned there doesn’t appear to be an obvious way to remove an action. The remove button is all the way down the bottom right below the scroll even with a high-res monitor. Any chance it could be moved to a more obvious place?

1 Like

Hi @brado,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that the user interface for removing any Action from your flow is not intuitive. It’s also slightly hidden at the bottom right of the screen in a small button.

It’s possible that the interface will be refined to be more intuitive in the future.

However, if you have a moment, I would highly encourage you to submit and vote for this feature request through our Feedback category. In doing so, these features can be backlogged, prioritized, and then implemented according to the votes.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.