Remove rules from pre-user-regisration flow

I believe this is actually a bug in the actions pre-user-registration UI:

On the pre user registration hook, rules dont execute before actions.

Thanks for sharing that, will make sure to relay it to appropriate team!

Hi @alexab, it is true that Rules execute after pre-user-registration Actions. What we are trying to convey in this flow is the relative order of Pre-User-Registration hooks and Actions. You are right that rules (and post-login Actions) will run after this flow.

I think this highlights that the UI could do a better job of helping you orient yourself within the larger flow of events.

2 Likes

Thanks for following up on that Geoff!

I actually have the exact question in this topic title, except I mean it in general.

How do you remove an action from a flow in this UI? Dragging it away doesn’t seem to do it, selecting and hitting delete doesn’t do it… I can’t find any way to remove an action, once added. Am I dense?

2 Likes

It turns out to be a UX fail. If your window isn’t tall enough, the “Delete” button is pushed down off the visible area, even though there is no other content down there to make a user think they need to scroll further for more content.

1 Like

I literally just made an account here to ask how to remove actions from a flow, thanks for the tip.

Major UX issue, I kept trying to drag the action I wanted to remove off the screen (since actions are added by dragging).

It’s also not even a screen size issue, no matter what the “Remove” button is always just below the fold of the screen. I tested this with a vertical 4k monitor and it’s still not shown.

cc @konrad.sopala @ggoodman

1 Like

Totally understand the pain. relaying that to our product teams!

1 Like