Unable to clone auth0 sample applications?

I’m attempting to repeat my successful (at the time) install of the sample applications described in the Auth0 documentation. Sadly, my attempt to clone the apps is failing:

$ git clone git@github.com:auth0-blog/auth0-express-js-sample.git
Cloning into 'auth0-express-js-sample'...
The authenticity of host 'github.com (140.82.112.3)' can't be established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:p2QAMXNIC1TJYWeIOttrVc98/R1BUFWu3/LiyKgUfQM.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no/[fingerprint])? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'github.com,140.82.112.3' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
git@github.com: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
$ git clone -b starter git@github.com:auth0-blog/auth0-react-sample.git
Cloning into 'auth0-react-sample'...
Warning: Permanently added the ECDSA host key for IP address '140.82.113.4' to the list of known hosts.
git@github.com: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

Are these repos and examples still available? I’d like to walk through these sample apps again if that’s possible.

If new and/or improved alternatives exist, I’m happy to use those. I’ve got my front-end authentication working and I’d like to get the machine-to-machine piece going.

Duh. I didn’t have a keypair installed in my github account. Once I added a keypair, all was fine.

I’m answering this here instead of just deleting it in case this happens to others.

Just a note for the auth0 documentation team – it might be worth noting in the various tutorial examples that github credentials are needed. I moved all my repos from github to bitbucket after the Microsoft acquisition of github, and I forgot that I removed my public keys from github at the same time.

Hey @tms thanks for following up here, and for the feedback! Glad you were able to get it sorted :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.