Text Customization API Issues

I have implemented the node.js version of Text Customization API to change our login description and signup description. Have a few questions regarding the api:

1. Where in the app should the api be called. I have added it in the componentDidMount() of the component that returns Auth0Context.Provider. Is that right?
  2. This seems like a one time setup, how can I ensure that the api call is not made everytime the app loads?
  3. If I test with different values again and again, the results are not consistent. The login/signup text changes sometimes and sometimes don’t.

Hi @preethi.ramiah,

Welcome to the Community!

You only need to make this call once. It is akin to making a configuration/settings change in the dashboard.

I would recommend using an application like postman, or you can write up a simple script to make the call.

Let me know if you have questions.
Dan

1 Like

Thanks Dan. Calling through postman worked fine for my local Auth0 setup. Have requested the same process to be followed for prod environment as well. Will get back if we face any issues there.

1 Like

Glad that worked for you, let me know if you have any other questions about it.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.