Tenants / Subscriptions

Hi, I am new to Auth0. I got things working with the default dev tenant. I wanted to deploy a production tenant and add a custom domain. So, in this order, I paid for the B2C essentials package and created a new production tenant. But now when viewing the dashboard as the production tenant, it’s telling me I need to sign up and pay to do things like adding a custom domain. Do I need to pay per tenant? I was expecting to have at least a few tenants under one subscription – dev, staging, production.

1 Like

Hi @john-crayon,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

From what I understand, it seems that you may have paid a subscription on your default dev tenant and then created a separate tenant intended for production.

Now, let me explain. Your newly created production tenant will not be counted as a child account unless your B2C Essentials subscription plan is at least $167 or more.

If you have a moment, please take a look at the setting up multiple environments documentation below. It explains the eligibility of a requesting a child tenant.

If this is the case, I recommend you use the tenant with the subscription as your production tenant and the newly created tenant as your dev tenant. This way your production tenant can leverage the paid features like custom domains.

Please let me know if you have any concerns or questions. I’d be happy to help.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.