Tenants, free plan payment relation

Hi,

I am a developer and i’m currently building some SPA’s for different “clients” that want to use Auth0 for their authentication. Each of these clients wants to have their own Application and connections (separated users) but wants me to maintain those applications (working with tenants). I’ve been reading a lot about the pricings of this platform in relations with tenants and some thing is not really clear. Can each tenant pay for their own application and user quota’s without forcing ME into a paid account. It would be nice that i can use my account to manage their Connections / Rules / users, and be able to create / manage my own application and pay for that myself. I don’t wanna be forced into a 1k a month payment plan if their (Clients) application becomes successfull.

I’ve been reading for a few days during the evening but this still is not clear to me.

Thanks in advance.
Bart

Hello @bart.mommens84,

One option: Have the clients create their own tenants (walk them through that process if they don’t have technical staff) and then invite you to their tenants as an admin. Then the billing is in their hands, and you still have superuser access to their tenants, and they can remove your access if / when needed (even add and remove you on demand). Keeps clean lines between you and your clients.

1 Like

Hey @markd,

Thank you for your reply.

So if i understand correctly tenants have their separate billing mechanismes? So i presume i can also set up a tenants to save some dev. time (sometime the clients are not that familiar with registration processes over the phone). So in the beginning they can start with a free plan during initial phase / testing. And when they grow / launch i can move the tenant to their account, to set up their billing information and upgrading their plan.

Thank you for providing me with the initial information, and shedding some light on the matter.

Best regards,
Bart

I would discuss that with Auth0 Sales … just to avoid possibly a lot of work on your part. Tenants are associated with subscriptions / agreements or a ‘personal account’. There may be complications if you create the tenant and then want to transfer it to another subscription. Or, Auth0 may support this and make it real easy. I would confirm with the Sales folks though unless some of the Auth0 Community folks know this off hand (@James.Morrison, @konrad.sopala, etc, …)

2 Likes

Hey @markd,

Thanks again for your reply! I’ll await a response from the “Sales folks”, maybe they’ll reply shortly. If not i will contact them.

Either way thank you for pointing me in the right direction and providing me with good and clear information.

Best regards,
Bart

Thanks @bart.mommens84!

Let me know if you don’t have a reply from our sales people. Will ping them then!

Hi @konrad.sopala,

I currently haven’t received word from the sales people.
Thank you in advance to ping them.

Best regards,
Bart

Can you let me know who have you been talking with?

Hi @konrad.sopala,

Looks like there was a mistake in communication on my end. I assumed they would contact me via the tagging Mark provided. Sorry my bad i will contact them via the Dashboard.

Thanks in advance for the assist.

Best regards,
Bart

No worries! We’re here for you! However if you can share here the reply for the benefit of other community users it would be great!

Hi @konrad.sopala,

Sales team was pretty fast and provided a clear answer.

All tenants have individual pricing. We only relate multiple tenants to one subscription on the Enterprise license level.
If you’re passing the 7,000 monthly or need upper level feature on any of them, you would need to upgrade each accordingly.
Also, you cannot move data from one tenant to each other seamlessly. If you’re managing a tenant for a customer and need to pass it to them, you would add them as tenants then have yourself removed.

I want to thank you and @markd, for your help. (fast and clear)
I’m also looking forward to discover the platform, if it does what it says it can do it’s a very powerful tool and i will use it alot (and recommend it)

Happy holidays.

Best regards,

Bart

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks a lot for sharing it with the rest of community!