Tenants as environments?

So, according to the documentation, it seems that our DEV vs. STAGING vs. PROD environments need to be configured as separate tenants under our Auth0 accounts.

Great, this generally makes sense.
However, I can’t see it as practical to pay a separate recurring fee simply to maintain a staging instance of our SaaS app. Am I misunderstanding the implementation intent?

I suspect we can just keep our DEV and STAGING at the free level of service which will probably be ok for us in the near term, but how would we then test Auth0 features which are part of our PROD instance but are not included in the free level?

Hi @FuturShoc,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

I understand you have questions about setting up Tenant Environments.

When creating new tenants as a self-service customer, there is an option to request a child tenant which includes the same features as the parent tenant. Moreover, if you have an Enterprise subscription plan with us, you should be able to freely assign child tenants on creation.

Please see the following resources to learn more:

Thanks,
Rueben

Ok, this sounds perfect. I’ve already set up dev and staging tenants separately. Can these be changed to child tenants via request or do I have to recreate those specifically for this purpose?

1 Like

Hi @FuturShoc,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, your existing tenants can be requested to be your child tenant.

I hope this helps!

Please reach out if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.