Sporadic "Oops, something went wrong"

Hello, first time posting here. Any help with the following issue would be greatly appreciated.

We are developing a web app that is integrated with the service Criipto Verify through Auth0 to provide authentication with the Danish identification system (NemID). We are using Lock and Auth0.js for this (both libraries present the problem).

The issue is: sometimes when we try to log in, we get to the “Oops something went wrong” page. When we close the window and try again, it works just fine. Sometimes it works the first time. This sporadic nature of the issue suggests there’s no configuration or code problem from our end.

Thank you in advance,
Santiago.

PS: screenshot in case it helps

Can you share any browser console logs?

The only log in the browser console is an error related to the favicon (see screenshot)

Another detail that might help: we are using Heroku to deploy and test, which is probably changing the server’s IP address constantly. No communication happens between the server and Auth0 but could that be responsible?

16%20PM

:wave: @santiago.vidal looks like it could be due to a misconfiguration or incorrect request. Was your system working previously and this just started occurring? Or is this a new application you are creating and are experiencing this issue intermittently? Could you please share with us the code you’re using for authentication? Does this happen with social connections? Or also with Username/Password connections? (sorry for all the questions)

Hi Kim. Thanks for the help! I’ll answer the questions in order:

This is a new application we are creating and we are experiencing the issue from the start.

This is a simplified version of the JS code we are using:

A clarification: we are using Auth0 just to get some profile information, not for authentication in our app, that’s why we are logging the user out after fetching the profile.

We aren’t using any social connections or username/password connections.

@santiago.vidal were you able to solve your issue with getting intermediate “oops! something went wrong”?

@kimcodes our users are getting the same error even though we are using a different login method (we just redirect them to your site for the login then your site redirects them back to us). Can you help us? (I can start a different thread as well if you’d prefer)

• So far it’s only happened for users that have been able to log in and use our system successfully in the past
  • The only thing we’ve found that can help is to delete and recreate their users in Auth0

:wave: @david.cline are you using the universal login in your application? what kind of application do you have? and around when did this start happening? Set up any Rules or anything new recently?

Hi @kimcodes! I am honestly not sure if we use the universal login, are you able to tell from our apps homepage at https://app.electric.ai by chance? For your other questions:

• We have a single page application.
  • It started happening about a month ago (we haven’t been using auth0 that long so possible the whole time we’ve had the app under heavy-ish use)
  • We haven’t changed any rules recently

Hey @david.cline!

It looks quite awkward to be honest. The info you provided give me some insight on what might be happening here but can I ask you to record a HAR file for me so I can investigate it more deeply and make sure my assumptions are correct?

Here are the instructions to record a HAR file (basically reproducing all the steps in the process so then I can investigate the logs step by step and verify what caused the issue). Once you got it please send it to me over DM

Thanks a lot for that!

Hey there @david.cline!

Have you found some free time to record a HAR file for me?

Thanks a lot!