Social Connections Secret Key (LinkedIn) Input Issue

Hi Auth0 Team,

I’ve found out, the hard way, that when entering a Secret Key for the LinkedIn social connection, you must press enter or else the key will not be saved.

This caused me to have many failed OAuth connections with the following as the message:

{
  "error": "invalid_request",
  "error_description": "InternalOAuthError: failed to fetch user profile (status: 401 data: {\"serviceErrorCode\":65604,\"message\":\"Empty oauth2 access token\",\"status\":401})"
}

This was a surprise to me when I was continuously entering it and clicking the “return” icon as well as the Save Changes button with no success…

See below if you are facing the above token issue.

Solution: Enter your secret key and press the ENTER key. This should show a little confirmation notification if all goes well.

1 Like

Glad you have figured it out and thanks for sharing with the rest of community. To make solution more visible, I’ll share it here:

SOLUTION

Enter your secret key and press the ENTER key. This should show a little confirmation notification if all goes well.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.