Signing in with many Social connections to extend an app ability to call API's

Hello,

We are looking for a way to let the users that signed up with email and password with auth0 universal login to add their social networks to work with it on our platform,

For example, we need to call Facebook API to get the users owned pages, but this only can happen with universal login if they signed up with Facebook

From what I have seen, the only way to use auth0 to get information from other social providers at the same time via API is to use embedded, and then letting them to log in into their social networks, as a way to recoup more data that will be useful for them,

we want to develop an intermediate step, to let users add more connections, or extend if you will, so we can recall data from their behalf,

any helpful input is appreciated

Hi @info53,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I’m not sure I follow here. Users can log in with social providers without having to use an embedded login page.

If I’m not mistaken, most social providers require a user to log in (or already be logged in to an existing session) and authorize an app. Is there another way for an application get access to a users social profile/data?

In the context of Auth0, this might look like a user logging into multiple social connections, and linking all of those accounts with User Account Linking. This feature uses the user’s email address to link similar accounts.

If you have something else in mind, please share some more details.

Thanks,
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.