When logging in with Google I get an Auth0 error page. On the page it says:
“Looks like something went wrong!
There could be a misconfiguration in the system or a service outage. We track these errors automatically, but if the problem persists feel free to contact us with this tracking id: …”
This has been working until today. Any idea how to find out what went wrong? I’ve contacted Auth0 who directed me here.
Hi @adam18 ,
Welcome to the Auth0 Community!
I checked your tenant and noticed that you use Auth0 developer keys on your Google social connection. This may be the cause of the error.
Could you please try the following to set up your Google Developer key?
- go to Auth0 Dashboard → Authentication → Social → google-oauth2 settings, click on the “Set Up Guide”
- follow the steps explained in the pop-up window.
Please keep us updated on how it goes. Thanks.
I think I might be in the same situation here as I just realized we didn’t change off the dev keys. If I update the google social login with my keys, will this affect existing users? for example:
- will the userid change (usually google-oauth2|######## format) or will it remain the same?
- will users be prompted for granting access again?
* will the userid change (usually google-oauth2|######## format) or will it remain the same?
Answer: The Auth0 user id will remain the same.
* will users be prompted for granting access again?
Answer: yes. since the connection is changed, the users need to log in again.