Send password in verification email

Hello,
I have the following flow -
And admin creates a used through the auth0 dashboard, he sets an email and a password.
The user now receives a verify your account email, the problem is that the user now has no way of logging in, since he does not know the password, so the admin needs to tell him what the password is. what I would like to happen is that the password will be included in the email, is that possible?

Thanks,
Gabi.

Hi Gabi,

You should avoid, at all costs, sending the password in the plaintext of an email.

The correct (secure) way to do this is to issue a password reset for the user to receive via email: Authentication API Explorer

You can also generate just the link itself, and send it to the user via your own method: Auth0 Management API v2

Please let me know if you have any questions about that.

1 Like

Thanks for helping on this one Thomas!

Hey Thomas, thanks for the response!

This flow sounds best how I imagine it is:

1. the user is opened by the admin in the dashboard
  2. the user receives a verification email
    2.1 the user click the verify email
  3. the user receives a reset password email

Is that correct?

And how would i achieve step 3? Do i do this under flows in the dashboard? and if so under which flow do i add this because i dont see a post verification flow.

Thanks,
Gabi,

Hi @gabi

So, one of my coworkers wrote a response to this post about how to make the verification email and password reset email be the same: Sending password change email instead of verification email for a new user - #3 by stephanie.chamblee

I suggest doing that as this will simplify the user experience.

Please let me know if you have any questions about that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.