How to include password reset by default as part of new user workflow?

I thought this topic might have offered an answer, but it does not.

I’m new to Auth0, so I could be missing something but as is I don’t understand how the new user e-mail workflow is supposed to work. From what I can tell:
-As a dashboard admin, I create a new user and send them a verification link.
-User receives e-mail and verifies their account.
-User is taken to the login page, so they can log in to our app… With what?

By this point, our user is scratching their head, searching their e-mail for a password or a link to set a password they did not receive. They eventually have to click “I forgot my password,” which is a frustrating admission to be forced to make because they did not forget anything, they never received anything to forget in the first place. It feels like a workaround, which is a bad first-impression to give a new user to our application.

In my mind, that User Verification e-mail should send the user directly to a Reset Password screen so the user can complete the first-time login workflow. Additionally, I can’t find a link to generate the forgotten password from the admin side, I can only change it myself (without notifying the user, it seems), so I seem to have no way of alleviating this pain from the user myself.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Hi @kenneth.ferrese,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

It sounds like you are interested in an invite only flow. Since this flow is fairly custom, and can vary based on goals or type of application, it utilizes the Management API rather than the Dashboard. This tool allows you to perform and automate all the actions of the Dashboard, but on a more granular level. Take a look at the link, and let me know if you have any questions.

Furthermore, if you feel like providing us with constructive feedback or a feature request, that can be done here. We appreciate it.

Let me know if this answers your questions.

Thanks,
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.