I removed a member from our tenant through Tenant Settings → Tenant Members, and I now have no way to add them back.
The Tenant Members tab shows “Tenant Members can only be added through Teams”, but when I open the Teams dashboard I get:
You are not allowed to see the information on this page because you are not an account administrator.
So I am stuck in a loop — I can remove members but not add them.
Current state
Our team is on the Free plan, so Open Ticket is not available to me.
My account has the Admin role at the tenant level, but not the Team Owner role at the team level.
One other account still has the tenant Admin role, but I do not know whether it holds Team Owner.
The account I removed was a Gmail address used for the original signup, so it may have been the Team Owner.
What I’m asking
Can you confirm which account currently holds the Team Owner role for our team?
Can the removed account be restored as a tenant member, or alternatively can the Team Owner role be granted to my account so we can manage membership ourselves?
I’m happy to provide the tenant name, organization ID, and any ownership verification you need — please let me know where to send them privately.
I understand that you are not able to add members to your tenant, but can remove them and you are getting a " You are not allowed to see the information on this page because you are not an account administrator." error message when trying to access Teams.
The described behaviour would indicated that you do not have the Team Owner role that grants the ability to add new members, which you have correctly pointed out.
Recommended solution
We have replied to your DM to further troubleshoot the issue, however just wanted to leave a note on your topic in case anyone else encounters this issue.
For such cases, please send a DM ( Direct Message ) to our @support group, forwarding all the useful information and confirming the email address of your Auth0 account and the name of the tenant where you are encountering this issue. You can click on " support" mentioned above and should have the option of sending a message to the group. The DM creates a private conversation where more sensitive details can safely be shared with us for troubleshooting.
We are glad to have helped you on this matter! Please do not hesitate reaching out to us for any other issues or requests and we will gladly look into it.