Redirect to page after password reset

We’re using Auth0’s new universal login experience and want to have a user redirect to a certain page after they have set their password. We want this because we may be sending different emails to the user asking to go to certain pages but they have not set their password yet. The flow would look like this

1. User receives change password link
  2. User sets password for the first time
  3. User logins
  4. User goes to /search page

The last step could be different endpoint depending on the email we have sent them. So it could be going to /profile after they have set their password and logged in.

Hi @hank,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you would like to redirect your users to a specific URL after they have set their passwords.

In this situation, I recommend setting the result_url parameter in the Create Password Change Ticket endpoint request so that users are redirected to your desired result URL.

Please see the Send Email Invitations for Application Signup - Create password change tickets documentation on more instructions.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else!

Thanks,
Rueben

Hi @rueben.tiow ,

To my understanding, I thought the result_url only works for the classic login experience and doesn’t work for the New Universal Login experience. I also see this FAQ explaining this, Why is password change/reset redirect not working?.

Best,
Hank

1 Like

Hi @hank,

My apologies for confusing your setup with the Classic Universal Login.

I understand now that you are using the New Universal Login.

Yes, what you have found from that FAQ is correct. The result_url will only work for the Classic Universal Login. When using the New Universal Login, you will need to configure your default login routes.

These URI settings can be found on the Dashboard in Applications Settings, the Tenant Advanced Settings, or with the Management API.

Please see our Configure Default Login Routes documentation which goes into greater detail on these instructions.

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.