React-native-auth0: WARNING: Configuration 'compile' is obsolete and has been replaced with 'implementation' and 'api'

I’m running version 1.4.2 and getting the following warning when running react-native.cmd run-android:

> Configure project :react-native-auth0
WARNING: Configuration 'compile' is obsolete and has been replaced with 'implementation' and 'api'.

I’ve updated the dependencies element in my build.gradle file i.e. replaced the compile elements with implementation but I still get this message for react-native-auth0.

I’m relatively new to React Native Android dev so unsure if this is something related to Auth0 or something which is specific to my dev environment.

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Lee

Just stumbled across build.gradle for react-native-auth0 in node_modules which has some compile dependencies. I changed those to implementation, re-ran and the warning has gone.

Obviously that’s only a temporary fix so needs an update release to npm. Found a github issue talking about something similar so will keep an eye on that.

Thank you a lot for reporting that! I just pinged the repo maintainer. It will be great if you can share the outcome of the discussion here with the rest of community once it’s solved!