React Native - Android build error: A problem occurred evaluating project ':react-native-auth0'

Attempting to build an android app with the auth0-react-native toolkit, and I’m receiving this error:

FAILURE: Build completed with 2 failures.

1: Task failed with an exception.
-----------
* Where:
Build file '/Users/kghjhjgjhg/repos/PodApp/node_modules/react-native-auth0/android/build.gradle' line: 18

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating project ':react-native-auth0'.
> Plugin with id 'maven' not found.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.
==============================================================================

2: Task failed with an exception.
-----------
* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':react-native-auth0'.
> com.android.builder.errors.EvalIssueException: compileSdkVersion is not specified. Please add it to build.gradle

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.
==============================================================================

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

I’m using React Native "0.65.0", Gradle version 6.7.1, and Android Gradle Plugin Version: 4.2.2.

I moved the project to Gradle version 6.7.1, and Android Gradle Plugin Version: 4.2.2 after finding this GitHub issue; I took the steps cited in the issue to resolve, but they did not work: Android Build error using RN 0.65.1 with Gradle 7.0.2 · Issue #403 · auth0/react-native-auth0 · GitHub

Hey there!

Can I ask you to raise it as a GitHub issue in the repo so we can address that directly with the repo maintainers? Thank you! Once you have a link to it you can share it here so we can ping them

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it! This is the issue that I created: Plugin with id 'maven' not found. · Issue #422 · auth0/react-native-auth0 · GitHub

Perfect! I’ll ping them in a minute!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.