Randomly getting "Wrong email or verification code"

Hi! I have been using auth0 for a while on a Vue website, with about 300 users. We are using the passwordless mode (not self-hosted, just redirect using passport). The last month or so, some random users seem to be having trouble using the link they receive. In the logs it says “Wrong email or verification code” a couple of times, and that’s it.

I asked them to make sure they weren’t using an old email, but that doesn’t seem to be the issue. I can login without issues using my own user. I even tried changing the email for one of the problematic users and sending the welcome mail to myself, login still worked. When trying to use “Sign in as user” in the auth0 interface, I can’t seem to make it work, it just redirects to the login screen.

Without any more information on the issue I’m not sure what else to do, and I can’t find any specific pattern. I did search up this issue in the forums, but didn’t find anything of help. Do anyone have any tips on what to do now, alternatively could the auth0 support take a look at it?

Hi @thomaslg,

Welcome to the Community!

I can take a look at your logs and see if I can find anything there, just DM me the your tenant name and send me a copy of the log so I can find it on my side.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi @thomaslg,

I replied to your DM

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.