Getting "access_denied" error after verifying my email address

I am able to sign up and log in with Auth0 in my Vue.js app, but after I verify my email for my account, I can no longer log in. Instead, I get an access denied error.

I also get this error when trying to manually verify another user’s email “Error!You don’t have permissions to access the resource”

Hi @bensoutendijk,

Does the access denied error have a detail or message associated with it? You can look in your logs (in the dashboard) and there may be more detail.

What do you mean by “manually verify another user’s email”?

I had a couple different issues with Auth0 a few days ago. First, I was trying to use Auth0 with my Vuejs App. After signing up, I was able to log in to my app with Auth0. However, after verifying the email for the newly created account, The login was giving me this error I pulled from the logs.

"error": {
      "message": "Access denied.",
      "oauthError": "unauthorized",
      "type": "oauth-authorization"
    },

Second, I was getting errors when trying to use the manage.auth0.com app. I couldn’t seem to create a new tenant or verify a user’s email address (I was doing this manually from the User management pages) among other things.

I removed Auth0 from my app after having these issues, so I cannot easily test if the first issue was fixed, but the second issue seems to have resolved itself. I was able to create a new tenant for my account and use the User management page to verify an email address.

Thanks for the update. Let me know if you still experience the issues. I am going to mark this as resolved for now.

I just tested logging in with Auth0 again and I am still getting the same issue. Works fine until I verify my email. Then I get the same “oauthError” message

Can you please DM me the name of your tenant?

I was able to solve the issue by turning off the Email Whitelist Rule under the Rules section of the tenant settings. I’m not sure how this rule was created as I made this tenant a long time ago.

You must have created it, as rules are not created by default.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.