Passwordless + disable Signups

Hi Auth0,

I’m trying to set up a passwordless connection along with 2 social connections. I have a list of users that I want to grant access to my app to. This is an internal app and I want to be able to control who signs up, so I’ve disabled public sign ups/

The 2 social connections seem to work fine and only let the users in my users table through. However when trying to use passwordless authentication for these users I get

{"error":"bad.connection","error_description":"Public signup is disabled"}

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Ajay

Just a note, seems to be quite similar to this link

I have noticed the same thing. Even with public sign up disabled on the passwordless connection, the login page still says “Enter your email to sign in or create an account”.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Are passwordless users distinct from database users?

Hi AndrWeis,

Have you found solution to remove “or create an account”?

Hi @AndrWeis, @qnguyen, did you manage to remove “ or create an account ”? I can see in lock.min.js library that text is tied to a passwordlessEmailInstructions key in a dictionary. Is it possible to set a different passwordlessEmailInstructions somehow?

Hi @anab

We had a similar problem and managed to edit the phrasing of the login in the universal login template by editing the language dictionary.

In the universal login template (under branding, universal login, advanced options, login), you can edit the template used for logins. The third parameter of the lock var defines options and here you can add or change the following.

languageDictionary: {
 passwordlessEmailInstructions: 'Enter your email to sign in', 
 signUpTerms: 'By signing in, you agree to our terms of service and privacy policy.',
}

You probably figured this out by now, but I thought it useful to share.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing it with the rest of community!

1 Like