Password reset ticket and universal login experience?

Hello:

I recently came across this thread that matches my use case perfectly: Password reset ticket: result_url for new universal login experience

In summary, I would like to be able to use the Management API to generate a password reset ticket and have an application-specific login URL. Using the Tenant Login URI will not work because I have multiple applications with separate login pages. As per the thread above, it would be great to be able to specify a client_id when generating the ticket, similar to the API for email verification tickets.

Is there any indication when this capability might be available? Are there any work-arounds? Currently it looks like my only solution would be to go back to the classic experience and specify the reset_url in the ticket request.

Thank you!

Matt

Hi @mattbarry,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community Forum!

At this point, the classic UL experience is the way to accomplish this.

I added this post to the idea in our idea log. If you have more context or information to provide about the scenario, the best way to do that is through our feedback page. It goes directly to our product team.

Thanks,
Dan

Thanks Dan, I will do that. This seems like it would be a pretty handy thing to have in invite-only account creation scenarios.

Kind regards,
Matt

1 Like

I know we have a doc on this. It may fit your scenario, but if the feature is missing something I highly recommend submitting feedback. Chances are you aren’t the only one with a suggestion, and we take all feedback (recurring or otherwise) seriously when planning out our product.

Thanks for the input!

Thanks Dan. I had actually read that document and it is indeed what we are trying to accomplish. The problem is when you get down to the password reset step: Send Email Invitations for Application Signup

You can see in the example API call that there is a parameter called “result_url”. This parameter doesn’t do anything in the New Universal Login experience.

I did submit feedback explaining the use case and the issue with the change password process. Hopefully it helps!

Thanks for the feedback! It is very useful for us.

At this point, using the classic experience is the method for doing this as you have found.

Good Luck!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.