Password hash export

Hi,

I need to migrate user data from one account to another; I’ve trialled using the import/export tool & that seems straightforward enough. However, I’d also like to migrate the passwords if possible. I understand that an export of the hashes is possible, as discussed here, but how do I go about getting the export, and is additional configuration required to ensure the hashes are usable by the new account?

TIA, Ian

1 Like

Hi @IanCNav , welcome to the community,

Please see the details here about exporting user password hashes - Must be request via a support ticket.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @nathan.jenkins, thanks for the reply. Am I right in thinking I’ll need to move to the Essentials tier in order to be able to raise the support ticket? Also, since the accounts are separate and under two different (but related) businesses, will moving to Essentials under one of the accounts be sufficient, or would it be both?

1 Like

Hi @IanCNav ,

Yes, you’ll need one of the paid subscription plans to raise a support ticket to at least get that export of the Password Hashes.
When importing users and their Password Hash, I’m quite certain that you can import these users into a Free Plan tenant and would not need a paid plan to perform the import.
Thanks!

1 Like