OAuth2Strategy requires a clientID option

Hi,

Since this morning, we’ve been receiving an error message from Auth0, specifically “OAuth2Strategy requires a clientID option,” following a Google SSO login procedure.

Surprisingly, we haven’t made any changes to either our Auth0 configuration or our application.

Is there any recent change that might have triggered this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Here is our redirection URL:

https://my-domaine.eu.auth0.com/authorize?client_id=xxxxxxxxxxx&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A3000%2Fapi%2FapiGateway%2FauthCallback&scope=openid+profile+email&response_type=id_token&response_mode=form_post&nonce=5c6b9747-4f80-49d5-95bf-2e5bda13744d&state=5896bed8-205e-499e-a8c6-3a38050e92b7
3 Likes

Same here - also getting this error.

Sample callback to the origin:

origin?error=server_error&error_description=OAuth2Strategy%20requires%20a%20clientID%20option&state=...%3D%3D

also worth noting that the same issue happens when trying the Login box from the Auth0 dashboard. The response is

{
  "error": "server_error",
  "error_description": "OAuth2Strategy requires a clientID option"
}

and the connection tester responds with

{
  "error": "server_error",
  "error_description": "Object argument required."
}

for all connections.

Hi, any news on this issue? It just stopped working and seems to be a problem on Auth0’s side

Hi, I have same problem right now, maybe it’s auth0 internal problem? Any idea?

issue can be solved by Setting up OAuth 2.0 in google cloud and then configuring the client id and secret in auth0. seems to be an issue with using google login with auth0 dev keys

1 Like

I am having the same issue in Auth0 tenants hosted in EU region as well. It is a dev connection making use of the Auth0 keys so we don’t have plans to setup OAuth 2.0.

Hi all! This is a known issue with Auth0 developer keys that is currently being investigated - @riley is correct in that the workaround here is to provide your own keys.

Auth0 developer keys should be used for testing purposes only as there are some inherent limitations.

so what should we do for fixing it exactly?

1 Like

@MrJeyhun :point_down:

I didn’t understand exactly this part: “configuring the client id and secret in auth0” , where should we configure it in auth0?

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying!

You’ll need to set the client id and secret in your Auth0 dashboard Google connection settings:

There are instructions for getting credentials under installation here.

1 Like

Will we be able to track this via status.auth0.com or can you give an ETA?

Thank you, @riley and @tyf, for your explanations.

I’ll try to set up everything under google, and re test

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.