Next.js Practical Introduction: Navigation and Routing

Next.js Practical Introduction: Navigation and Routing.
Learn how to use Next.js to add navigation and routing to server-side rendered React applications.

Read on :confetti_ball:

Brought to you by @dan-auth0 :man_technologist:t2:

1 Like

Happy to hear your feedback or questions on this topic.

1 Like

I really loved this tutorial! It’s been the best and easiest to follow React/Next.js tutorial I’ve found. Thanks for making this @dan-auth0!

1 Like

Welcome to our community, @deliotclarke :slight_smile:

I appreciate your feedback! :raised_hands: I am glad that you liked it.

What else would you like to see? I am thinking on doing a TypeScript version :thinking:as well as adding chapters on authentication/authorization and deploying to Now or AWS :fire:

Usefull Tutorial… it would be helpfull if add course on Deploying in AWS

1 Like

Tagging article author @dan-auth0 to capture that feedback! Thank you @vigneshBlockDev!

This is an excellent idea! What do you think of using Docker + ECS to deploy a Next.js app?

Great tutorial! Very focused and well explained!! =)

I have one question, a beginner question, every time the route changes after clicking in any nav link, the nav container has to re-render, actually, the whole page has to re-render. Is this a normal cycle? Does each component have its own power to figure if it has to rerender or not?

Thanks!

Can’t wait for the authentication part!!!

2 Likes

We’ll keep you posted!

:smiley: Would you also be interested in a part where the app is deployed? I think for both the Authentication and Authorization, I may write standalone posts as they can be used as reference easier. What do you think?

1 Like

Both of these next.js tutorials are super useful. I found them even clearer than the next.js one in fact. Thanks!

2 Likes

Glad you really enjoyed them!

Howdy, jpz! Thank you for your feedback :slight_smile: I am glad that you enjoyed them.