New Universal Login Password Reset/Invite Customization

Hi all,

I’m looking for guidance on how to make adjustments to the New Universal Login Password Reset UI. I’d like to be able to customize the text on the screen so that it indicates weather a user is “registering” or “resetting their password” as specified in this doc: Send Email Invitations for Application Signup

Though, the instruction set the above docs relates to the old Lock UI widget, and the text customization with the new universal login does not seem to support predicates. I know I can use liquid templates and render the UI component, though this seems limited to just making adjustment for HTML outside of the new universal login widget itself, and I’m sure I could write a little JS hack with testing for query parameters and the lock ui to load and updating the text in that capacity, but it seems a tad hacky.

Appreciate any help, thanks.

Hi @dbozentka,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

To customize text on the New Universal Login Password Reset page, please refer to our Customize New Universal Login Text Prompts documentation.

In this situation, you will want to change the text on the reset-password prompt.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Rueben

Hi @rueben.tiow – the documentation doesn’t seem to reference a way to conditionally change the text within the Universal UI. I’m looking to change the text based on a query-parameter being present in the URL. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @dbozentka,

It should be possible to conditionally change the text based on query parameters when using the New Universal Login experience. Please see our Using Custom Query Parameters in the New Universal Login Experience knowledge solution for more information.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.