New SDK for ASP.NET Core web applications

This Community topic is here to discuss Auth0’s new SDK for ASP.NET web applications, Auth0.AspNetCore.Mvc, currently in Beta.

This new SDK is a wrapper around Microsoft’s OpenId Connect Middleware, which we have created in order to improve the developer experience when integrating Auth0. This SDK makes it easier to integrate Universal Login into ASP.NET web applications, requires fewer lines of code and takes care of common tasks developers have been previously burdened with regarding Auth0 specific OpenId Connect configuration.

As with any Beta version, it is not recommended for use in production applications as it may be subject to change.

The Beta period will run for a limited period of time. General Availability is planned later this year (2021).

We will only provide support for this Beta SDK in this Community category.

Resources:

We welcome your feedback and reports on any issues you encounter when trying out this Beta version.

Should you have any feedback or questions about the SDK, please raise an issue via GitHub.

3 Likes

1 Like

Very cool! If we are building an public facing SaaS app with ASP.NET Core API’s with a Vue, React, or Knockout frontend, would we use the Auth0.AspNetCore.Mvc library or would it be preferred to go with the JS specific library?

Thanks!

You’d be handling the login flow within the SPA and using JWT-based authentication as outlined in the ASP.NET Core API quickstart. This package is specifically for MVC projects only.

1 Like

Yes that is correct.

Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours. Thanks! Official Website

No worries! We’re here for you!

I just replaced the old implementation with this to test it out for you and give feedback. So far so good! All of my bases seem covered.

1 Like

Perfect! Glad to hear that!