Mutilingual subject in yaml

Hey there,
We’re using the yaml configuration to deploy our tenant and I was wondering if there’s any way to adjust the subject of the email templates based on user_metadata. thanks!

1 Like

Hi @sebastian3,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Could you please explain what you would like to do in more detail?

And could you please clarify what have you tried?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Rueben

Hey @rueben.tiow ,
Thanks for replying. I saw that there is an option to adjust the subject line for multiple languages when configuring templates from the UI, using the Liquid syntax.
Considering that the subject of our emails is set via the yaml file, is there any equivalent option available to adjust the subject of the email based on the user’s language?

@rueben.tiow Any updates on this?

Hi @sebastian3,

Thank you for your responses.

After my research, I found that it is currently not possible to adjust the subject field for multiple languages using Liquid syntax. The subject field is limited to only accessing these common variables listed here. Because of this, it will not be possible to adjust the subject field for multiple-language support in your yaml file.

For now, only the message body can be modified with conditional statements to enforce multiple-language support.

In this case, I recommend upvoting the related feedback request below that asks to support localization features for email templates. Doing so will help our Engineers prioritize these features periodically based on the highest votes.

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.