Machine to Machine Auth Token Quota monitoring

Hi there, I’m using M2M Auth token for our application. I got 2 questions.

1. What will happen if we run out of the quota? Would it block the connection?
  2. How can I push the token Quota utilization to ELK or other monitoring platform?

Hi @Frankie,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Once you have utilized your allotted quota, you will no longer be able to request new M2M Auth tokens until the monthly quota refreshes. Token requests after this point will be blocked and prevented from generation.

There is the option to export the M2M quota utilization data daily to your preferred monitoring platform. Note that the Auth0 quota utilization page batch updates the report every 24 hours. Therefore, it’s not possible to extract the data in real-time.

Hoped this helps!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Thank Rueben, can you share a bit more details in how to do it? Can it be done through API?

Hi @Frankie,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, there isn’t an equivalent endpoint for retrieving the quota utilization using the Management API.

You will need to navigate to your quota utilization page and manually download the .CSV file. This will be a manual process and will require you to upload the file to your monitoring platform daily.

If you have a moment, this is a great opportunity to create a feedback request for this feature on our Feedback page.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.