Is there a better way to create a new tenant from the existing tenant?

I’m trying to create new tenants for a new environment (test, stage, prod) and they will follow generally all the settings of the existing tenant (dev) with few changes.

It appears that the only way to create a new tenant is to start with a brand new tenant and manually configure it. To configure it, I will have to refer to the settings of the existing tenant and manually search through all the tabs and look for all the configurations it uses. And then replicate them in the new tenant one by one. While this is doable, its inefficient but more importantly error prone.

Is there a better way to create a new tenant from the existing tenant? e.g. clone it

Hey there!

Unfortunately not yet. It would be perfect if it can be automated via our Management API but it’s not there yet.I highly encourage you to place such product feedback using our product feedback form here:

The more people advocate for that the more likely it will get to production some day!

1 Like

Done! I just submitted a feedback.

Is there a way to get the configuration of a tenant in .json or .toml format and reapply to another tenant?

Not sure about it. Let me check it for you!

You can fetch certain settings for the tenant as well as update them using our Management API endpoints here:

https://auth0.com/docs/api/management/v2#!/Tenants/get_settings