Is it impossible to change user name of an existing user when Auth0 is the Identity Provider Attributes Section?

I created three users to be test users in our application. I created them using the very simple “create user” interface in the Users & Roles section of the dashboard. Unfortunately, this only lets me set the email address, but I would also like to set some other details that should be sourced from the identity provider.

Since auth0 is the identity provider in this case I looked at Auth0 Management API v2 to see if I could update the user I’ve already created but it looks like given_name, family_name, name, and nickname are not on the list of patchable fields.

However if I look at the Create a user, which I assume the auth0 dashboard is using, it does allow me to set the given_name, family_name, name, and nickname.

Do I really need to delete these users and create them with the Auth0 Management API v2 endpoint just so that I can add the names?

If that’s ACTUALLY true :face_vomiting: can Auth0 please add these simple fields to the create a user/edit a user in the dashboard? Can the patch API be updated to allow us to update the user’s familiar names?

1 Like

Those fields cannot currently be edited. This is on the product roadmap:

http://community.auth0.com/t/updatable-normalized-profile-root-attributes-product-roadmap-in-progress/22892

1 Like

Thanks Markd that answers my question.

Time to write some curl scripts D:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.