iOS Simulator shows broken HTML

Background: We’re doing a proof of concept for the login experience using native Swift on iOS. We are using the new Universal Login experience with some light skinning of colors, etc. There is no custom html.

On any actual device, the web page looks and works perfectly. However, on the simulator, the html looks very broken and doesn’t always work. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

Example of the same logic on simulator vs. device.

Also, notice the extra text field in the simulator.

Hey there @david.s welcome to the community!

Are you using the most recent version of the Swift SDK? Does this happen on all simulated devices or a specific one?

1 Like

Thanks for your response! Yes, it’s the most recent version of the SDK. I’m using Xcode 14.3.1, and testing using multiple simulators for both iOS 16.1 and iOS 16.4. I have not found any simulator that works.

1 Like

For posterity, I’m using Auth0 2.5.0 installed using the Swift Package Manager.

1 Like

Happy to help where I can!

Thanks for the details :slight_smile: I’m currently unable to reproduce this running the sample app in Xcode 15.2, Auth0 2.5.0 in the simulator (iPhone 14/15 both iOS 16.x and 17.x) - Are you seeing this behavior in a POC of your own or in the sample app? If you haven’t tested in the sample app, would you be able to do that and let me know if you experience the same issue?

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m using Xcode 14.3.1. I will attempt using the sample app and let you know if it continues. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I confirmed with the sample app using the same plist file and other settings. It looks the same as the screen shot above.

tyf, what are the next steps to troubleshoot this? Do you have a bundle id and plist combination that are known to work?

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hey there @david.s thanks for confirming!

I am using the sample app exactly as it is just updated with my domain, client_id, etc. I’m out of ideas unfortunately :confused: Given it’s functioning properly on a device, it might have something to do with Xcode/simulator itself?

Thanks, tyf! I appreciate the information.

A few more questions:

1. Could you also test on Xcode 14.3.1?
  2. Is there a plist file and matching bundle id I could try that’s known to work? (Rather than using our instance)
  3. Is there a way to get a better understanding of how the Universal Login is deciding what to display in the ASWebAuthenticationSession webview.

Thanks again in advance!

@tyf Could you help me with any of the above questions?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.