Invitation workflow

Hey all, how can I know whether the user has accessed the invite link that has been sent to him. Basically I need to know whether the invite is link sent is valid or not.

Hi @i-ashok.saini,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand you would like to know how to determine if the invitation email is valid or not.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to determine whether the user has accepted the invitation link.

However, let me offer some suggestions that could help tell if the invitation link has expired.

If you have followed the steps on sending email invitations for application signup, then you can specify the ttl_sec property to specify the number of seconds the invitation link is valid before expiration. By default, the invitation link is set to expire after 5 days (432000 secs).

Moreover, you could also use a Post-Change Password Action in conjunction to set a user_metadata property indicating that they have accepted the invitation.

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.

Yes, I know we could decide the expiry time of invite. I am also able to capture whether the user has successfully accepted the invite. But when user uses wrong email/password the invites gets invalidated at auth0 side and I am unable to catch this.

Hi @i-ashok.saini,

Thank you for your response.

Let me explain that an invited user must first set a new password before getting redirected to the login page. Given that, using the Post-Change Password Action will catch if the user has successfully accepted the invitation because the login would have happened after they have set their passwords.

Please let me know if you need further clarification or have additional questions.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.