Internationalization not working in new universal login - Angular

Hello,

I am struggling with setting up the internationalization, more specifically, translating to Romanian.

I am using the auth0/auth0-angular package, and Angular v15.1.4

My setup looks like this:

and also included the ui_locales property when calling loginWithRedirect:
this.auth.loginWithRedirect({ui_locales: 'ro'} as RedirectLoginOptions<AppState>);

Still, when I am redirected to the login page, I get the content in English.

I read a lot of posts, and questions, but nothing helped. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
Marius Vuscan

Hi @vuscan.marius,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

I understand you have issues passing in the ui_locales query parameter when using the loginWithRedirect method.

Just to clarify, could you confirm if you are calling the function similar to the following?

loginWithRedirect() {
  this.auth.loginWithRedirect({
    ui_locales: 'ro'
  });
}

Doing so should call the /authorize endpoint with the ui_locales query parameter appended. For example:

https://{yourDomain}/authorize?
    response_type=code&
    client_id={yourClientId}&
    redirect_uri={https://yourApp/callback}&
    scope={scope}&
    state={state}&
    ui_locales=ro

If you continue having issues, could you please capture these events in a HAR file and send them to me via DM?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Rueben

Yes, I am calling the loginWithRedirect function, in the same way as in your code snipped.

It seems that the ui_locales parameter is not present in the request.

wHi @vuscan.marius,

Thank you for your response.

After collaborating via direct messages, we were able to get it to work with the following code:

this.auth.loginWithRedirect({ 
  screen_hint: 'signup', 
  authorizationParams: { ui_locales: 'ro' } } as RedirectLoginOptions<AppState>);

Please reach out again if you have any further questions. I’d be happy to help!

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.