Internationalization for Universal Login (Classic) not working for da (Danish)

My Laravel-driven MPA project is using the Classic Universal Login for users’ authentication.

According to the Auth0 Universal Login Internationalization docs, my project has everything properly set up. Yet, the Universal Login won’t use the configured language (Danish).

The default ( and the only one enabled) language under Tenant Settings > General > Languages is Danish (da)

The value of the ui_locales parameter sent to the authorization endpoint is da and the accept-language HTTP header is set to the same language (da)

Moreover, the custom domain is properly set up, along with the authorize subdomain.

What am I missing? Thanks.

Hey there!

That is weird as everything seems to be configured the right way. Can you share the link to the Laravel resources of ours that you are using? (doc, GitHub, etc)

Hi @konrad.sopala

Thank you for the quick reply. I’m using the resources as per these instructions

Might be different from the version I’m using though, because at the time of my implementation they were built for Laravel 6.x. Which is the Laravel version my project is built upon. And I’m afraid there’s no way I could update to any newer major Laravel version.

Many thanks for your help.

For some reason, the subdomain authorize.*****.dk isn’t setting the accept-language header’s value to da

Any thoughts on how I could change this?

I’ll need to reach out to Universal Login product manager to find out more about it. As soon as I know something I’ll get back to you!

1 Like

Thank you @konrad.sopala. Much appreciated

No worries! We’re here for you!

1 Like

Hello again @konrad.sopala

I was wondering if you had any news in regards to this issue?

Thank you.

Hi again @konrad.sopala

It’s been a while since I opened this issue. Is there any progress on this?

Thank you.

Hey there!

Sorry for the delay in response. Didn’t have an answer yet. Let me circle back in that matter!

Hey there just have an update!

The thing is you’ve done everything correctly but as if you were using the New Universal Login not the classic one and it seems like you’re using Lock.

Here’s how to do that here:

Hey @konrad.sopala and thank you for the update.

Based on the instructions on Lock Internationalization that you provided me with, I included the Lock JS file in my app’s Blade file, and of course instantiated Lock along with the necessary options, again, exactly as per the docs’ instructions. Here’s my code:

 * Auth0 Lock
 * */
// Select a supported language
let options = {
	language: 'da'

let clId = "{{ env('AUTH0_CLIENT_ID') }}"; // this is getting the correct value from the .env file
let dom = "{{ env('AUTH0_DOMAIN') }}"; // this is getting the correct value from the .env file

// Initiating our Auth0Lock
let lock = new Auth0Lock(

However, that didn’t seem to be helping at all. I’m still getting English as the default Lock language. On top of that, there’s a strange error related to some not-found resource at, whatever the cause of that might be. Probably unrelated to the main issue, but I thought I’d mention it just in case.

Any further thoughts?

Thank you.

Hello again @konrad.sopala,

I understand that the Universal Login tech team may already have a lot of tasks on their work schedule, but - as a paying customer - I would expect to benefit from a rather prioritized level of support. I’m by no means pointing any fingers, but I am seriously starting to reconsider my decision of continuing using Auth0 as the user authentication solution for my SaaS platform. Auth0 is a truly remarcable service in terms of security and convenience for our users, but the responsiveness of technical support is something that’s anything but up to par with it.

It’s been over two (2) weeks now since I opened this issue, and the perspective of hoping for a successful resolution over the course of yet another two (or more?) weeks sounds anything but appealling to me. My Developer yearly subscription is due to get renewed in about one month, and therefore I’m afraid I’ll have no choice but cancel it and switch to another user authentication provider service, if my internationalization-related problem is not being given the appropriate attention in terms of tech support.

Thank you.

Hey there!

Sorry for the delay in response but I’m still trying to research that as you see we’re doing everything per what the docs say, everything is correct. I was researching whether that custom domain is not causing the problem. Sorry for the delay but I’m still working on that.

When it comes to immediate support as you are a paying customer to get premium support you should have opened a support ticket. This way the issue should be resolved in a quicker way. We have a lot of questions coming here in the forum primarily from free customers as they have no other way to file support questions so sometimes the response time for anyone even paid tier can get longer. Sorry for that!

1 Like

Hey @konrad.sopala

Thank you for clarifying that out for me. And apoologies for not realizing I could have taken the premium support route. I will therefore open a support ticket as per your advice and refer to this topic for details.

Thank you.

1 Like

No problem we are here for you!