How to setup Shibboleth as SAML provider in Auth0

I am trying to add authentication into a Xamarin app. Our university uses Shibboleth and I’ve been sent the xml file. I tried to set it up under Connections, then SAMLP, but there was nowhere to upload an XML file, so then I tried ADFS, but when I upload the shibboleth XML file I get the error “FederationMetadata does not have a PassiveRequestorEndpoint endpoint”. Could anyone direct me on how to setup Shibboleth as an SAML provider in Auth0? Thank you for any help you can provide.

1 Like

Hey @cswomen! While I continue to investigate other solutions, here is a list of valuable documentation regarding SAML:

Hi there, any news on this matter?
I have a similar project to implement (shibboleth as IDP / auth0 as SP) but couldn’t find any additional documentation.

Cheers,

1 Like

Hey there @florent.coucke, sadly we don’t have additional documentation on this front but we do support Shibboleth IdPs though SAML v2. We would recommend opening a support ticket so we can find out more details about your specific use case/implementation. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Old question but I heard this was coming up in some Google searches for configuring SAML via metadata.

SAML metadata can only be uploaded through the Auth0 management API. We have an example of what this looks here. The XML file can be uploaded directly, or a URL can be provided.

Alternatively, you can extract the information you need from the metadata by hand and input it into the dashboard UI:

• You can use a tool like this x.509 decoder to take the signing certificate (<KeyDescriptor use="signing">) from the metadata and get it into PEM format. Save it to a text file and upload it.
  • For “Sign In URL” use one of the SingleSignonService URLs from the metadata. Typically you will use the one for the HTTP-Redirect binding.
  • The rest of the settings can be left as default and will work with most IdPs. But you may need to track down additional documentation, talk to your IdP administrator, or open an Auth0 support ticket for more complex scenarios.