How to configure shibboleth with SAML enterprise

Hello,

So I’m trying to configure a SAML connection but the client uses shibboleth. I’m not sure how this is used since their metadata seems to have a signing certificate and encoded. Also, they have provided mutiple sign-on and logout URL’s. I have not seen any documentation that helps explain this kind of setup. Does Auth0 support Shibboleth?

Thank you!

1 Like

Bump. I’m also wanting to setup a shibboleth integration but am struggling to find any documentation to help.

Hey there!

Unfortunately we don’t have any official documentation on integrating with shibboleth so I highly encourage you to create a feedback topic here:

When it comes to any helpful resources:

My response here addresses this question.

The certificate in SAML metadata is base64 encoded but not in the PEM format that the dashboard requires for the certificate upload. I have a link in the other post to a tool that will format the certificate appropriately. I also mention which URL is usually the correct one. HTTP-Redirect in most cases. Some IdPs may expect the SAML request as a POST, and then you would use the HTTP-POST binding URL. This is often required if the IdP requires signed authentication requests.

1 Like