How to make comments in HTML templates?

We have the need to experiment with different variants of the “custom login” page, “password reset” page – in general, web content customized in Auth0. In order not to lose anything, we commit the HTML templates to our Git repo. This means we have e.g. different (but similar) login page templates on different branches. We must not lose track of which one is actually deployed to Auth0. In order to keep it in order, we are planning to write a script to upload a particular version to Auth0. However, we also need to be able to know at a glance which version is currently uploaded. I thought about adding some comments at the top of the template, saying who uploaded it, when, and from which commit/branch. However, HTML comments (<!-- ... -->) are not good for that, since they are served to the end user (and thus our internal data would be leaking). I tried to use Liquid syntax comments, but to no avail.

How to put comments in the “universal login page” template (and other page templates) so that they are not served to the end user? Alternatively, how to associate metadata (JSON would be great, but even XML would do) with templates in the Branding → Universal login section?

Hi @mbork,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

The Classic Universal Login page template is a HTML page which only allows commenting HTML code using <!-- ... -> as you mentioned.

Whereas if you are using the New Universal Login page, you could leverage Liquid syntax comments in the templates.

Unfortunately, there is no way to add metadata to the Universal Login page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.