Using Liquid with the New Universal Login Page

I’m reading through the documentation and see this page: https://auth0.com/docs/customize/universal-login-pages/universal-login-page-templates#login-box-image-layout

I am trying to customize my login page experience yet the liquid syntax is failing me. How do I get past this? It says that you have to use the Management API to update the template… but surely… there has to be another way… I mean… to send a file template of code through an API every time to update?

Hi @djasnowski,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

First, could you please clarify the error message and description you are getting?

And, for now, you must use the Management API’s Set template for New Universal Login Experience endpoint to update your New Universal Login Page template.

You could also consider using Postman to make these requests.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

1 Like

@rueben.tiow There’s no specific error per se but what I am hearing is… to use the new Universal Login Experience with liquid syntax… you have to update it via API call where the template goes through a string as a value? Why is the Developer Experience so poor in this aspect?

1 Like

Hi @djasnowski,

Thank you for your reply.

That is correct. You must use the Management API to make calls to update the New Universal Login page templates.

There are alternatives such as using the Auth0 CLI to customize your New Universal Login page templates. See here to learn more.

Lastly, if you have any suggestions on how we can improve the Developer Experience, I recommend writing us a Feedback request asking for an improvement for the New Universal Login Experience.

Hoped this helps!

Thank you.

1 Like

@rueben.tiow Thank you. I am sure I’ll send in a feedback or two. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @djasnowski. Because of the very same issue you’ve been facing, I created the project Auth0 Liquid Tester. I also made a blog post explaining Email and Universal Login Templates with Liquid on Auth0. It has pictures of all email templates, including some samples of the New Universal Login.

I hope it helps you and the community!

3 Likes