How to force a login with password less email connection type

The docs say that I can append a connection= parameter to the /authorize URL to force a specific connection to use. I can put connection=facebook and connection=google-oauth2 and they will go direct to either connection method, but not connection=email, which I believe should be the connection identifier for passwordless email. How can I force a user to just get a prompt for email one time code? I only use passwordless, I don’t use DB connection.

Thanks,
Martin

Hi Martin,
here is the tutorial I used last time I implemented passwordless authentication. In a nutshell, I used Auth0 Lock instead. Hopefully, this will help.

-Joel

Hi Joel!

Thanks a lot for quick response! I realise I should have given some more details. I am using the Hosted Page, so it’s using Lock v11, and my login screen is showing correctly on that page, normally with Facebook, Google and Passwordless Email offered. What I wanted to achieve is that I can provide a URL parameter to the hosted page, to only show passwordless email. This so that I can force a user to do a one-time code in certain circumstances.

The connection URL param seem like it would do this, but it doesn’t seem to work. I suspect I can come up with some new custom URL param and customise my Hosted Page to read it, but I was hoping that this was already supported using the connection param. Could you perhaps clarify?

Hey there!

Sorry for such huge delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing you with best developer support experience out there, but sometimes our bandwidth is not enough comparing to the number of incoming questions.

Wanted to reach out to know if you still require further assistance?