Can we implement Passwordless Signin with a db connection?

right now the passwordless login feature uses either sms or email connection to verify the user. can the same be used for the db connection so that we can trigger the emails after checking if the user exists in our db or not .

Hi @Nagesh,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Are you referring to the Verify Emails using Auth0 process?

By default, Auth0 sends a verification email to the user signing up and prompts them to click a link to verify their emails.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks,
Rueben

Hi @rueben.tiow,

I wanted to implement passwordless login flow in to my existing application, but only initiate that if the email ID is present in my db-connection. Is there a way to achieve it ? from the documentation, it looks like the passwordless login sends out the email with out any checks.

Hi @Nagesh,

Thank you for your reply.

That is correct. The Passwordless login does not perform any checks before sending the email, only when using the New Universal Login Experience.

This won’t be possible. There isn’t a way out-of-the-box to pre-check if the email ID is present in your DB connection. You could, however, use a Post Login Action to deny the user access if their email ID is not present.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.